My Love For Art

Art Prints
Photography Prints

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Morning Glory

This canvas didn't start with "Morning Glory" in mind. It was actually going to be an abstract with a rooster in the center. When I looked at the piece, it didn't appeal to me at all. So I took the 8" x 8" gallery wrapped canvas over to the sink and started washing my error off the canvas. As I removed the rooster, I noticed how the abstract colored lines I had painted gave an interesting background. So I left some of the original painting to use as background. I painted over it and you can see the artful effect it provided.

I've always loved to visit gardens -- one of my favorite gardens is located on Vancouver Island. I love Roses, especially because of how beautiful they are and because of their fragrance.

My mother grows the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen in a yard. She always has an arbor full of morning glories. In the early morning when I drive up to her house, there are always birds feeding off her flowers and seed trays. There are usually one or two humming birds buzzing around. I chose to paint the birds in white and gold because there is nothing more heavenly than those two colors together.

In my art, I use alot of clusters of three. Those three elements when grouped represent the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I usually, along with listening to music and lost in my creativity, ask for assistance from God in guiding my hand to be used in a vision which will make those viewing feel happy or like what they are seeing. Like myself as a collector, the pieces that I have collected from other artists move me emotionally in one way or another.

Also, in many of my pieces you will see swirls. I don't like alot of open space in my life. I love being around beautiful things and love being around my family and friends. The swirls bring me comfort. I think it is residual stemming type tendency from my childhood autistic world.

And the color in my art. I love color, color and more color. My first born son brought color into my life. I've always been attracted to color and glitz (sparklies), thus my art is colorful -- sometimes I think to the extreme. To me color represents diversity and I have acceptance and tolerance to each unique person, who I feel has purpose in this life for each moment that we have breath. I also have a hope that our purpose continues after this one!!

I have a sense of humor like no other. I love laughter. I love happiness and good times, thus most, if not all of my work is whimsical and bright -- just like "Morning Glory".

2 comments:

  1. Found you on Twitter. I'm glad you posted your blog. Your art is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Crafty Critter!!

    ReplyDelete