My Love For Art

Art Prints
Photography Prints

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Losing Myself In Paint


Since I was a young girl, I've always loved art. Whether it was working with clay, pencils, pastels, acrylics, construction paper, whatever medium -- I always loved creating. I've always been a very imaginative person. I remember in childhood daydreaming about beautiful things. To this day, those beautiful images continue to float in my head.

In my junior year, I was offered a summer scholarship at the Los Angeles Institute of the Arts, but due to my parents transportation constraints, I was unable to accept it. I've never been formally trained. I just paint what I feel.


My mother is the one who influenced my creativity. She is a wonderful artist. Although she says she only paints by copying off what others do, her art is flawless and beautiful. I've always admired her ability to paint dimension.


Unfortunately, I was born with my eyes crossed and with them being surgically repaired, I have little or no depth perception. My paintings are very non-dimensional. I've always admired anyone who could paint and shade. Although non-dimensional -- I have always gotten complimented on my artistic ability.


Recently, I've taken up painting again. I've been sharing my art with family and friends. I hope with each painting I do, I get better and better. My art has always been inspired by God and most of my art includes either hearts, crosses or both. I love color and positive things. I don't ever paint dark -- always cheerful.

1 comment: