My Love For Art

Art Prints
Photography Prints

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Beach


For the first 16 years of my life, I grew up near the beach in a little town called Lomita. To this day, I go to the beach as often as I can. When I'm feeling so much stress that I'm going to explode, I either drive myself to San Diego or Oceanside. The beach is my place of centering and where I feel especially close to my creator.



It is there where I can just smell the ocean air (best aroma therapy ever). Although I would prefer an undisturbed beach to reflect, I do love the sounds of the beach environment. Vendors selling their stuff, the smell of food, the laughter of both adults and children.



Above all that, the sounds of the waves rolling back and forth from and to the wet sand has got to be the best sound created. I love to hear the seagulls in the distance. As you walk toward the coves, the sound of the waves hitting the rocks is tremendously soothing.



Since I now don't live near the beach, I collect shells (so does my son in law to give to me) and place them in bowls around my house. I also have collected the smooth round rocks that wash up to the sand from the ocean. When I need to relax, you will often see me sitting on the couch holding and going through my shells and ocean rocks.



Well today I needed to go to the beach, but have alot to do. So because I love art, I went to the beach and I had a place that was my own. I call it "My Beach".

No comments:

Post a Comment